Established in January 2010, the Center for Supporting Community Development Initiatives (SCDI) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization registered under the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations.
Philosophy and Approach
SCDI deeply believes that each individual and community has great hidden potential, which can be used not only to tackle their own problems, but also to contribute to the development of the society. Through the approach of empowerment together with policy advocacy, SCDI aims to create motivation and an environment for these potentials to be realized in favor of positive goals.
SCDI’s strength not only comes from the experienced and dedicated staff, but also from our relationship with community.
SCDI directly supports the management and operation of Vietnam Civil Society Partnership Platform on AIDS (VCSPA), which gathers nearly 200 groups and organizations from HIV-affected communities and social organizations that work in the field, in order to contribute to national efforts to stop HIV transmission and its effects.
VCSPA's annual meeting from 18 - 20 December, 2012 at Hue, which gathered nearly 200 reprensentatives of CBOs, NGOs that work with key populations.
SCDI aims to enhance the quality of life and the ability of vulnerable and disadvantaged populations to integrate into society through researching, designing, experimenting, implementing, and promoting community development models.
- Implement research and support research on sustainable development, design comprehensive and sustainable development models with the engagement of the community.
- Experiment, reproduce and promote models that engage and encourage the potential of different populations in the community… into the development of the country.
- Carry out scientific and technological services: counseling, training, information disseminating in order to apply research result to reality.
- Cooperate with organizations and individuals inside and outside of the country to implement activities related to sustainable development.
Improve the quality of life of marginalized and vulnerable populations.
- Support organizational development of vulnerable and marginalized populations.
- Creating an enabling environment for well-being and social inclusion of marginalized populations.
- Research, implement, promote and scale up service delivery models to meet the needs of the marginalized populations.
- Organize, coordinate, advocate for delivering services that meet the needs of marginalized populations.
- Help SCDI to become a leading organization in working with vulnerable and marginalized populations and can be sustained by domestic resources and self-generated income.
Please download brochure SCDI 2016 here.