Open life-skill training “Zippy’s friends” in Ho Chi Minh city
Sept. 22, 2018
On 18th October 2014, at SCDI’s office in Ho Chi Minh city, the opening of life skill training “Zippy’s friends” was conducted for disadvantaged children from 4 to 7 years old.
With the curriculum of 24 lessons about different stories related to the development of mental and feeling of the children, helping them to cope with difficulties in life. The curriculum contains the following chapters:
- Chapter 1: Feeling – to improve skills to aware of negative feelings and help the children to deal with such feelings
- Chapter 2: Communication – Improving children’s communication skills
- Chapter 3: Develop and let go of relationships – Help the children to make friends, deal with rejection and loneliness
- Chapter 4: Conflict resolve – Improve the ability to resolve conflict
- Chapter 5: Dealing with changes and losses – Improve the ability to cope with changes and losses
- Chapter 6: Copping – Improve the children’s coping skills
SCDI team wishes to provide the children with needed skills to deal with issues, relationships and changes around them. SCDI hopes to scale up the training in both quality and operations so that more needed children can benefit from the program.