Pre-employment preparation for people living with HIV and high risk populations
Sept. 19, 2018
||Pre-employment preparation for PLHIV and high-risk populations – HIV at the workplace project|
|USAID through Chemonics Inc.|
|2009 – 2012|
HIV at the workplace project is supported by USAID through Chemonics Inc. in Vietnam with several components, one of which is pre-employment preparation for high-risk populations (PEP). Since September 2009, SCDI’s counseling and training team has started implementing the project.
- Boost the confidence of PLHIV and high-risk populations
- Boost employment and job seeking opportunities for participants
- Equip necessary pre-employment skills for participants
In 2009 - 2010: SCDI directly worked with CBOs of PLHIV and high-risk populations to introduce the program, screen the clients, organize trainings on life values and soft skills, provide job orientation and seeking.
- Develop and complete soft-skill training package
- Connect CBOs of PLHIV and high-risk populations to understand their needs
- 6 soft-skill trainings for 160 people in Hanoi, Hai Phong, and Ho Chi Minh city
- Job orientation and support job seeking for 196 people, among those 29.3% found job
In 2010 - 2012: SCDI changed its approach, focusing on building individual’s capacity and collaborating with CBOs of PLHIV, sex workers in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city.
- Select 6 partner CBOs in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city
- Capacity building for 24 people through outreach, support and monitoring trainings
- Reach 380 clients and provide soft skill trainings for 270 clients; support 170 clients to find job with 52% is male and 48% is female, 51% is PLHIV, 59.5% is people who use drugs, 54% has worked before; support 26 clients to keep their job. Popular jobs are sales, guard, janitor etc. There is 7.3% of office staff or management position.