Sept. 19, 2018
12/2013 – 01/2018
SCDI has been working intensively with people living with HIV, sex workers, drug users and their family to help stabilizing their lives, protecting their rights, improving their access to appropriate treatment for their conditions... During the work with these populations, SCDI come across many children don’t have the opportunities to develop or the protections from abuse.
Well-being of the children is at the centre of responsible parenthood. This project is developed basing on the notion that a responsible person would only enter parenthood once s/he and the partner has ability to provide an acceptable conditions for the child to be born and to develop physically, mentally, socially, economically, that the rights of the child are safeguarded. Parenthood, as understood in this project, starts at conception. Therefore responsible parenthood starts with the decision whether or not, and when to conceive.
Location: Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city
Target: The youth, people living with HIV, sex workers, drug users in Vietnam, the urban poor and poor migrants in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city.
- To raise awareness about responsible parenthood among the youth, people living with HIV, sex workers, drug users in Vietnam and the urban poor and poor migrants in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city.
- To improve access to family planning and abortion services for the youth, people living with HIV, sex workers, drug users in Vietnam and the poor migrants in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city.
- To provide long-term family planning and early medical abortion services to the most needy youth, poor people, sex workers, drug users, people living with HIV in Hanoi.
- Rapid assessment: To assess perception and awareness of the target populations about parenthood, their knowledge and access to family planning services; to identify the communication media most appropriate for each target population and collect information and map available services in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city.
- Stakeholder consultation: To verify the finding of the rapid assessment and the survey; to gather additional information and understanding of the stakeholders, situation, including government policies and donor supports; to identify priority issues, topics and key messages for the Vietnam Responsible Parenthood.
- Awareness raising.
- Increase access to existing family planning services.
- Provision of contraceptive and abortion services for the most needy
- Develop and implement a sustainable plan