HIV prevention for homeless children in Quang Ninh
Sept. 19, 2018
The HIV prevention for homeless children project in Quang Ninh is supported by Save the Children and implemented by SCDI from July to September 2011.
Objective: Prevention of HIV transmission for high-risk children in Ha Long city and Cam Pha district (Quang Ninh).
Target: Homeless children
Location: Ha Long city and Cam Pha district – Quang Ninh province
Activities and achievements
- Training on basic knowledge for 33 supporters and outreach workers
- Reach to 2445 clients (times)
- Refer 25 clients to health services (VCT, STIs)
- Employment referral for 6 clients
- Distribute 1224 condoms
- Organize 3 group meetings SE/PE
- 482 clients received IEC on Life on the street, Sex and gender, Sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS, Information about condoms and condom use, and drugs etc
- Individual communication to 1963 clients (times) on Safe sex, the Harms of drugs, HIV/AIDS, Sexually transmitted infections, Referral to health services and employment opportunities
- Organize 2 communication events on raising awareness and attitude towards HIV prevention in homeless adolescent with 273 participants
- Organize 1 workshop to introduce the project and referral mechanism.