Các tin tức khác
Training in basic knowledge for facilitators and street peer educators
Ngày 24 tháng 10 năm 2018
Facilitators and street peer educators were trained by the Center for Community Development Initiative (SCDI) who held training sessions in Ha Long, Quang Ninh from July 28th – 31st, 2011. Overall 33 facilitators and street peer educators were trained and educated in dealing with and understsanding HIV prevention amoung street youth.
This activity was part of the project HIV Prevention for High-Risk Children in Quang Ninh, implemented by SCDI in Ha Long City and Cam Pha District, Quang Ninh Province.
After the training sessions, the trainees:
- Were more aware of the prevelance of street youth in Ha Long City and the Cam Pha District
- Understood the reasons why they were vulnerable to HIV/AIDS
- Knew more about the aims of the HIV street youth prevention project and how do use its methods to access clients and improve their welbeing
- Could apply necessary skills for communication to promote HIV prevention amoung street youth
- Knew methods to support street youth who came in need of help and support, such as refering them to medical services
- Were able to use monitoring tools to evaluate the progress of the project
- Were more informed about the project’s overall approach through peer education, weekly meetings, community dialogue and through organising events for street youth